At Lee Baron we make an effort to support charities that directly affect our employees’ communities. We give our employees a yearly opportunity to submit charities for consideration and as a firm join together on a monthly basis to raise funds for various charities. By allowing our employees’ to choose who we fundraise for, we are giving them an active part in the process and find this encourages far greater participation in fundraising events.
We also make an effort to support our employees individual fundraising efforts by encouraging donations and allowing them time off work to compete in various charitable events, including sponsored cycles and triathlons.
Supporting our employees' individual fundraising efforts
Charities we have
We are very proud
of our sustainability
At LB, we believe in taking responsibility for our actions and in giving back to our communities. We are proud charity sponsors, spokespeople and contributors and we adhere to a strict environmental policy.
Some of our Initiatives
- Selection of office space where technology has been applied to save energy (automatic blinds, motion sensors to activate lighting, double glazing)
- Provision of large dual monitors for all users to cut down need for working on paper
- Paperless office software (DMS) which has been in place since 2005
- Fanatical use of email for communications wherever possible thereby reducing printing, postage and stationery requirements
- To date we have created feeds for Yardi, QUBE, Voyanta, Softology, Elogbooks, Meridian and Coyote
- Introduction of Uniflow software to control printing. Saves enormous amount of wasted uncollected printouts and since printing is only activated when user touches in this eliminates the requirement for individual or personal printers
- Encouraging use of double sided printing to reduce paper consumption
- Recycling bins in LB offices
- Cloud solution for every single one of Lee Baron’s IT services – on premises servers normally dictate climate control which for a SMBE is never going to be as energy efficient as that of a dedicated data centre
- The IT cloud solution for all staff and all facilities enables full mobility of workforce. Facilitates a degree of home working
- Hot desking – saving in the overall number of desks required which facilitates office operation in a reduced footprint compared to conventional one desk per person operations
- Encourage use of public transport over cars where possible
- Provision of dishwasher dramatically reducing the amount of plastic disposable items used in the kitchen
- Tap water chiller / dispenser – avoids transport and unnecessary costs for bottled mineral water