Complaints Handling Procedure
Lee Baron is a surveying practice in which certain Directors, Associates and Employees are members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and as such are required to conform with and abide by the Rules of Professional Conduct of the Institution.
If you have a complaint about Lee Baron this statement sets out the procedures with which we will follow in dealing with that complaint.
- Where your complaint is initially made orally, you will be asked to send a written (paper or email) summary of your complaint to:
- Within 14 days of written receipt we will contact you and advise our understanding of the circumstances leading up to your complaint. You will be invited to make any comments that you may have in relation to this, or concur with our understanding.
- Within 21 days from your confirmation of our understanding, we will write to you to advise the outcome of our investigation and to advise what actions will or have been taken.
- If we are unable to agree on how to resolve your complaint and you feel we have not sought to address your complaint within eight weeks, you have the opportunity to take your complaint to an independent redress provider, as approved by RICS Regulatory Board and ARMA. We have chosen to use the following redress providers:
You will need to submit your complaint within 12 months of receiving our final viewpoint letter, including any evidence to support the case.
The Property Redress Scheme (PRS) requires that all complaints are addressed through this in-house complaint procedure in the first instance, before being submitted for an independent review.
Where the complaint relates to professional negligence or personal injury or loss sustained in a client’s property, Lee Baron reserves the right to pass your complaint to insurers who may at their discretion take over the conduct of the matter. In such circumstances you will be informed that the matter has been passed to insurers.
Complaints relating to FCA regulated insurance activities
If your complaint is in relation to an activity of ours that is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) the above procedure will still apply, however we will acknowledge your oral or written complaint within 7-days. We will write to you again within 14 days to inform you of our conclusions or to let you know we are still investigating.
- If we are unable to agree on how to resolve your complaint, you have the opportunity to take your complaint to:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
020 7964 1000